Your Application

You can apply for a voluntary service with us through our application form. It doesn't matter whether you have already found a placement site or are still looking for one.

You will need:

  • Your last school report
  • Your preferred area of assignment

Please get in touch with us if:

  • It's difficult for you to stay overnight at a seminar venue.
  • You are currently engaged in employment subject to social insurance contributions (earning over €520) or plan to do so during your voluntary service.


  • More Information

    This document summarizes the most important information for applicants. There will be an English version soon. If you have any questions, please get in touch via our hotline or mail.

This is our application form. By clicking "show content" you'll get to it.

The document is hosted by 


Show content


This is our application form. By clicking "show content" you'll get to it.

The document is hosted by 


Show content


FAQ - Volunteer Service with the DRK Rheinland-Pfalz

Before applying for voluntary service, you probably have some questions. We have compiled the most frequently asked questions from our applicants before starting voluntary service here, along with the corresponding answers. If you have any further questions, please feel free to check our page 'Information about Voluntary Service' or contact us via email or phone.

  • How long does a voluntary service last?

    A voluntary service typically lasts for 12 months. However, recognition of a voluntary service is possible after 6 months. You can also extend your voluntary service, with a maximum total duration of 18 months.

  • Do I Earn Money for Volunteering?

    You receive an allowance for your voluntary service. If you are under 27 years old, you receive €540 per month, and if you are over 27, you can receive up to €490 per month. Your entitlement to child benefit continues until the age of 25. During your voluntary service, we cover the costs of health, social, liability, and accident insurance.

  • Where Can I Do Voluntary Service?

    You can do your voluntary service in social institutions such as hospitals, nursing homes, daycares, schools, youth centers, civil protection and the emergency medical service (paramedics). You can also check our "Einsatzstellen" (deployment sites) page to find positions in your area. If you don't have a specific institution where you want to do your voluntary service, we will suggest a placement for you. However, if you alreadycontacted an institution, please mention it in your application.

  • Can I Terminate my Volunteer Service Early?

    A voluntary service is a year of orientation, and sometimes things can change quickly. You might want to end your service due to starting a new job, beginning your studies, or for other reasons. You can terminate the voluntary service at any time with a notice period of 4 weeks. In exceptional cases, this notice period can be shortened.

  • Can I Work a Secondary Job during my Volunteer Service?

    Yes, it is possible to have a secondary job during your voluntary service. However, you must consider the weekly working hours, which should not exceed 48 hours. Please note that for minors, the stricter Youth Labor Protection Act applies, and having a secondary job is usually not possible. Any secondary employment must always be registered and approved by us. We have a form for this purpose, which we can provide upon request.

  • Do I Get Vacation Days during the Voluntary Service?

    During a 12-month voluntary service, you are entitled to 26 days of vacation. You can distribute these days throughout the year in consultation with your placement. However, in cases where you are serving in an institution with closing periods, such as daycare centers and schools, you may be required to take some or all of your vacation days during these closing periods. You can't take a vacation on your seminar days.